10. September 2015
The Cloister Wienhausen is one among the finest examples of northern German brick architecture of the gothic period. Founded in the 13th century ist has been housing ever since nuns. Until 1587 they were cistercians and then became reformed protestants.
Today the hall dedicated to Agnes von Landsberg, the founder of the monster in 1230, serves as an exhibition space. Lectures and intimate concerts are also taking place.
Since the whole cloister complex is protected as a listed building, we had to plan lighting and electrical infrastructure quite sensibly. We decided to use miniature LED-downlights for which a special oiled iron housing was constructed by a regional locksmith.
The lightmanagement is realized on DALI protocol and allows easy use of various scenes for different purposes.