This representative building from 1912 was renovated by the architectural firm BachmannBadie in Cologne, They tried to restore the original substance by removing all changes which had been made during the 50s.
Besides the impressive staircase there is a grand hall on the first florr, the former Agnessaal which used for decades as a festive location. An indirect LED cove lighting was developed and square-shaped pendant luminaires where especially designed to match the ceiling structure.
On top of the building a two-storey penthouse was erected wich serves as a private residence. The lighting design on one hand uses special features of the interior design and on the other and pays tribute to the exciting colour scheme.
Architect: BachmannBadie Architekten, Cologne
Photography: Damian Zimmernann, Cologne